How do I know if my horse is eligible to compete in the Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show?
The Thoroughbred Classic Horse Shows are only open to Thoroughbreds. It is our goal to be as inclusive as possible. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To compete in the Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) classes, a horse must have one of the following criteria met.
- The Jockey Club Certificate of Foal Registration (or similar document from a foreign stud book) or a copy thereof; OR
- The horse’s lip tattoo, the horse’s 5-cross pedigree and the successful tattoo lookup result from The Jockey Club’s Tattoo Identification Services, (registry.jockeyclub.com); OR
- A letter from The Jockey Club verifying the horse’s identity. For a small fee, the Jockey Club can DNA type any horse born after 2001.
To compete in non-T.I.P. classes/awards, a horse must meet one of the above criteria. If it is not possible to provide a tattoo number or Jockey Club paper, you must submit the following information to email@example.com:
- The Jockey Club Registered Sire’s Name of your Thoroughbred, and/or;
- Name of private breeder or Farm where horse was obtained, and/or;
- The name of the Aftercare Organization that you adopted your horse from.
Once information is submitted, the horse’s identity will be confirmed and the show committee will provide you with eligibility status.
How do I obtain a Thoroughbred Incentive Program (TIP) Number?
A TIP number must be obtained by going to www.tjctip.com > T.I.P. Number.
A TIP number must be obtained for each horse/rider combination. Ex: If Trainer and Owner are both riding the same horse, each rider must obtain their own TIP for that horse.
Can I register for the show online?
Yes! You can register for the show through Horseshowtime.com.
What are the class and stall fees?
Click here to see the Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show Series Class and Stall Fees.
What is the Horse Biography Form and do I need to complete it?
The Horse Biography Form provides us with some basic background information on your horse, how you came to meet, and what you do like to do together. Please complete a biography form for your horse prior to the start of the show. The biography forms shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or turned in to the horse show office. Please help us share your horse’s story with spectators and help illustrate a Thoroughbred’s versatility and spirit.
Where do I find the Horse Biography Form?
Click here to get the Horse Biography Form.